+44 (0) 1481 710043
Anyone who visits Startup Guernsey who requires advice will be asked to agree to the terms as set out below and will be required to sign to that effect. Anyone telephoning or email us for advice, or simply taking advice from this website does so under the same terms.
Client Service Agreement
This agreement acknowledges that the client understands that Startup Guernsey provides this free and impartial service only on the following basis:
1. Risk: The Client acknowledges the inherent risk involved in starting a business and that Startup Guernsey cannot guarantee, nor is any warranty given, that any particular result will be achievable.
2. Client Responsibility: The Client understands and agrees that Startup Guernsey may make suggestions and recommendations, but all decisions in connection with the implementation of such advice and recommendations shall be the responsibility of, and made by, the Client.
3. Paid Professional Advice: The Client accepts that Startup Guernsey can never be a substitute for paid professional advice – for example from an accountant or an advocate. Furthermore the Client understands that Startup Guernsey considers advice from paid professional advisors to be essential for anyone considering a business opportunity in which the scale of the investment and/or potential loss is significant for them.
4. Liability: The Client accepts that Startup Guernsey will offer all information, advice, and knowledge in good faith, but cannot accept liability for the consequences of the Client acting on the information, advice and knowledge, except where the consequence arises from a malicious act on the part of Startup Guernsey. Startup Guernsey disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The Client agrees that Startup Guernsey, its sponsors, employees, agents and contractors, shall not be liable to the Client for any actions, damage, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or losses in any way arising out of any aspect of the business of the Client or any aspect of the dialogue and interactions between the Client and Startup Guernsey.
5. Confidentiality: Neither the Client nor Startup Guernsey should make reference to the Client being a Client of Startup Guernsey to any third party (or in our public forum) – unless Client and Startup Guernsey both agree to do so.
6. Records and Mailings: The Client accepts that while maintaining confidentiality, Startup Guernsey will keep some records of discussions with the Client on its computers and will discuss your business opportunity within its team of advisors (and, with the Client’s agreement, with external advisors). Unless the Client requests otherwise, the Client agrees that Startup Guernsey will, from time to time, send him/her newsletters, mailings and emails.
7. External Advisors: From time to time it may be appropriate to refer a client to our team of external Advisors for more specific assistance. This will be done with the clients permission. If you specifically do not want such a referral please let us know at the time of your enquiry.
7. Feedback: The Client agrees to provide Startup Guernsey with feedback on the value of the advice and assistance provided by Startup Guernsey.
8. Complaints: Any complaint about assistance provided by the Agency should be made to the Chair of the Agency, Carl Symes at [email protected]
NB: Startup Guernsey is the trading name of the Guernsey Enterprise Agency LBG